Who Can Adopt?
You can adopt whatever your culture, race, religion or sexuality. You must be over 21 years old. You do not need to own your own home or be in employment. You will need to provide a permanent, stable and caring home for a child. That means you:
- Have space in your life and home.
- Are able to provide positive parenting and care for a child.
- Are patient and flexible and have lots of energy.
- Want to make a real difference to a child's life for a lifetime.
- You will need to be in good health.
- You can be single or married, in a relationship or not, have children or not.
- If you wish to adopt as a couple, you don't have to be married.